Apply knowledge of WHS legislation
This unit describes the, skills and knowledge required to understand and comply with work health and safety (WHS) Acts, regulations and codes of practice in the workplace.
This unit applies to individuals who contribute to actions to achieve compliance with WHS legislation as part of their WHS responsibilities, which are in addition to their main duties.
NOTE: The terms ‘occupational health and safety’ (OHS) and ‘work health and safety’ (WHS) are equivalent and generally either can be used in the workplace. In jurisdictions where the National Model WHS Legislation has not been implemented RTOs are advised to contextualise the unit of competency by referring to the existing State/Territory OHS legislative requirements.
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication.
Regulation, Licensing and Risk – Work Health and Safety
Contains the following documents
- Assessment Matrix (Mapping Document)
- New Assessor Workbook/Guide (in MS Word Format)
- New Cover Sheet
- Learner Guide (in MS Word Format)
- New Learner Evidence Document
- Learner Workbook (in MS Word Format)
- New Observation and Demonstration Checklists
- New Session Plan (in MS Word Format)
- PowerPoint presentation
- Supporting documents:
- Contextualisation guide
- Training and assessment strategy (TAS)
- RTO Materials statement of validation
- Student validation survey
- Work placement logbook
- Workplace documentation
- Workplace evidence
For more information please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lectures 6
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes